Brick Pointing and Waterproofing
Brick Pointing and Waterproofing in Wayne
There is something about the stone and brick walls that simply captivates the beholder. These walls are the epitome of beauty and durability, and their value seems to grow with age. However, nothing lasts forever. With time, the bricks and their joints develop cracks and water starts permeating these cracks, stagnating there, while it slowly eats away at both the beauty and durability of the structure.
Moisture and temperature change are the biggest enemies of a building’s brick wall, causing damage to masonry and concrete. They have caused some of the most common problems that can result from harsh weather or improper use of materials or techniques in the original construction.
Why Is Brick Pointing Important?
When these problems are ignored for too long, a fairly large section of the bricks may be affected. Over time, the mortar starts breaking down, and if left ignored, this can lead to a myriad of problems:
- Leaks and the damage or loss of your bricks are some examples of related problems that may result from this.
- Bricks absorb water, which upon freezing will cause outer surfaces to flake off. This, in turn, makes the structure of the wall vulnerable and as such, should be replaced as soon as possible. Failing to do so will affect larger areas of the structure, which will later become quite expensive to rectify.
- Salt dissolution will further eat into the mortar and bricks, adding to the damage even more.
- Mold and green algae will start to grow along the outside surfaces of the walls and wallpaper will start peeling off internal walls as a sign of dampness having entered the brickwork.
- Cracked bricks may also be a sign of serious problems with your building’s foundation.
To counter all these consequences, it is very important to repair your building’s mortar joints well ahead of time. This is where our brick pointing services come in. Brick pointing is the professional work done by a brick contractor to repair or replace the mortar and mortar joints. Repointing is the process of renewing the pointing, which is the external part of mortar joints. Repointing is also called pointing or pointing up, although both these terms are more closely related to the process of the finishing step in new construction.
As such, waterproofing service is very important if you want to maintain the integrity of your building, basement and foundation. A quality waterproofing job, when done right, adds to and reinforces the strength of the structure and helps avoid further deterioration. CMB Wayne Stucco & EIFS professionals in Wayne, NJ understand the importance of shielding your home water infiltration and ensuring you have a well-wrapped home that does not give in to the harmful effects of water seepage.
In order to ensure that your home or building is free from water problems, it is important to understand all the mechanisms that contribute to components of structures getting wet and how building assemblies drain and dry.
operating since 1985
CMB WAYNE STUCCO & EIFS
We are a team of professionals with 35 years of stucco & EIFS experience. Our employees are well-versed in stucco techniques, styles, and colors.